Corporate identity for the fire doors factory STEEL DOORS
Logo development process
- Environmental research
- Search for concepts (sketches)
- Working through the concepts
- Finalization of results
- Selecting the final concept
1. study of the environment
The first stage involved researching existing brands, not only direct competitors, but also companies in the same or related industries.
The resulting third-party logos were studied, resulting in an overall visual picture of the information field.
2. Search for conceptsFinding a future solution starts with an outline.
Sketch - This is a tentative drawing of a future sign.
Such images allow in a quick manner to get a large number of visual images for further development and detailed drawing.
The goal of this stage is to get 25-30 images to get started.
3. Refining the concepts generatedElaboration is a rather labor-intensive step.
At this stage sketches are drawn more carefully, new ideas and images appear, which are also worked out and brought to a logical conclusion.
As a result, about 70 variants of the future logo were received, from which 30 concepts were selected for further work.
4. Finishing the resultsOut of 30 candidates, 6 options were left for further development. Some concepts were merged, for others new elements and display options were added.
This resulted in the development of 6 sheets for each of the options.
5. FINAL CONCEPT SELECTION
Testing on the client's target audience.
All choices were printed on separate sheets of paper with code numbers.
Directors and deputies in the age category 30-50 participated in the test.
Respondents were offered a game:
- You need to install fire doors on your property.
- You have received 6 identical commercial offers.
- The only difference is the company logo.
- Which company do you have the most confidence in?
- Arrange the logos in descending order
- The results obtained were recorded in a table.